Defender Briefcase | Charles F Stead and Co Ltd. Edition | Mole Waxy Commander Leather | Limited Qty | Ships 3-4 Weeks
- INCLUDES FREE MATCHING SCHLEP PAD
- FIT: 15" MACBOOK PRO or Smaller
- MATERIAL / TRIM: Charles F Stead and Co. Mole Waxy Commander Leather
- STRAP: Detachable 4000 lb Mil spec webbing with military grade metal hardware and Mole Waxy Commander Leather
- CLOSURE: x2 High Strength AustriAlpin quick release 1" Cobra buckles on outside pocket. Oversized, Distressed Brass YKK zippers with triple stitched Waxy Commander pull tabs
- HANDLE: Double Layered Waxy Commander Leather
- TECHNICAL: Padded computer pocket with Horween Leather snap closure and Military Gun Clip key ring
- TRAVEL: Rear Trolley Strap for securing to Luggage handle
- DIMENSIONS: 17" wide x 11" tall x 3" deep
- WEIGHT: 3.5 lb
- VOLUME: 9 Liters
Catch em off guard. Repel the attack. You know the boardroom needs someone with some stones. That’s where the Defender comes in. The Defender is equal parts Seal Team 6 and preppy look. Bad ass meets ‘Pardon me sir’. DEFY is hand-crafting this series out of Leeds England's very own Charles F. Stead's renowned 'Waxy Commander' Mole Leather. The bag takes an entire side of Mole leather just to create 1 Defender. The entire length of the bag is finished by our master leather workers with hand-skived leather to give it a truly smart and highly rugged, finished look. The Charles F. Stead Tannery has been in existence for over a century, much like the Horween Leather Tannery.
Waxy Commander is a rugged heritage looking leather, with a character all of its own. It has a worn looking patina that looks as though it already has a rich history and story to tell. It was described by our shipping manager Lexy as looking like it is a WWII Era bag. We loved that description and agree!
It's fully water-resistant and is often used for high-end boots and bags. This soft yet rugged leather is impregnated with a patented blend of unique waxes that make it feel like no other leather we've ever felt before. The tight fibre structure prevents any ‘opening’ or stretching of the leather, and the Waxy Commander's traditional, rich dyeings work with the waxes during wear, to produce a wonderful combination of natural texture and colour. This is a TREMENDOUSLY difficult leather to purchase in the U.S., so we feel quite fortunate we were able to get our hands on some.
We've integrated $60 worth of 1” AustriAlpin Cobra Quick Release buckles for good measure on this Limited Edition Defender. These are the same buckles used by Special Forces in theater today.
Your computer will sleep soundly ensconced in closed-cell foam technology sourced from an industry leading foam-technology company. The inside is lined with water-resistant black Cordura material and even more Waxy Commander accents and trim, with distressed snaps that keep your computer snug and safe.
Now look at the removable strap as the attention to detail doesn’t stop there: durable 4000 lb Mil spec webbing with military grade metal hardware, more Waxy Commander Leather details + metal clips let em know you mean business. A large pocket with a U.S. sourced YKK Oversized Distressed Brass Zipper on the back keeps things tight and easy to access and is great for on the go storage.
PROUDLY HAND-CRAFTED IN THE USA
Defender Press: Coolhunting.com