Bucktown | Black X-Pac™ Exterior x Redrum Edition | In Stock!
- FIT: 16" MacBook Pro and most other PC's
- COMPUTER SECTION: 12" wide x 15.5" tall
- EXTERIOR MATERIAL: X-Pac™ / VX21 BLACK DWR - 1500, 210 D Ripstop Nylon face, .25 mil polyester film, Black Polyester X-PLY at 22, 50 D polyester taffeta backing
- INTERIOR MATERIAL: X-Pac™ / VX21 TRUE RED DWR - 1500, 210 D Ripstop Nylon face, .25 mil polyester film, Red Polyester X-PLY at 22, 50 D polyester taffeta backing
- PADDING: Closed cell foam technology on entirety of computer section, bottom of bag, & back
- STRAPS: Comfortable thick padded straps
- HANDLE: 2" MIL-SPEC seat belt strapping
- EXTERIOR POCKET: Exterior YKK Water-Repellent VISLON® AquaGuard® Zipper pocket
- KEY STORAGE: Solid matte black steel gun clip and D rings
- CLOSURE: YKK Water-Repellent VISLON® AquaGuard® Zippers
- EXTERIOR POCKETS: Fits up to 32 oz. Nalgene bottle. (3.5" diameter)
- DIMENSIONS: 12" wide x 19" tall x 6" deep
- WEIGHT: 2.2 lb
- VOLUME: 23 Liters
Wonder how many of the urban hipsters inhabiting Chicago’s Bucktown area (in the north of the city) know that many years ago it was a goat herder’s paradise replete with open fields as far as the eye could see? Gets the mind pondering, indeed. There’s a visual: modern day bearded goat herding hipsters herding, and being hip, all at the same time. A true collision of the unexpected. A bit like our Bucktown pack.
Designed to be the ultimate daily commuter/carry pack, the Bucktown boasts two large, mega easy to access YKK Water-Repellent VISLON® AquaGuard® Zipper compartments. The outer compartment is perfect for small and large storage alike, with double pockets and pen organization that are all handcrafted using military grade thread and triple stitched at the joints for added durability. We added an external easy to access YKK Water-Repellent VISLON® AquaGuard® Zipper pocket for quick access into the front of the bag.
A solid steel matte black gun clip is a valet you can trust giving your car keys to. Zip up the outer compartment and check out the back one. This compartment has enough storage space and possibilities to make a modern day goat herding hipster blush, replete with a computer section fully lined with thick closed cell foam technology and topped off with 1,000 Denier easy to see inside MIL-SPEC X-Pac™ / VX21 TRUE RED DWR - 1500 material for a cleaner look & finish. The computer section is the first of its kind from DEFY as its not only designed for 17" & 15” MacBook Pros, but also for most other computers of this size. You can also utilize it for added folders, tablets, etc. Now onto the side pockets, perfect for water or beer bottles and each has a solid matte black steel D-ring for hanging a bottle opener, carabiner, keys or whatever the hell you want on it. The back of the bag, bottom and shoulder straps are fully padded with your back in mind and boast more thick closed cell foam technology for comfort. All hand-crafted a stone’s throw away from Bucktown by people obsessed with hand-crafting happy. The Bucktown pack: Goat herder tested. Hipster approved.
WHAT IS X-PAC?
Not to be mistaken with the WWF wrestler, X-Pac is a composite fabric comprised of multiple layers laminated into a single sheet. The layers in the standard pack cloth consist of a nylon face fabric, a polyester “X-Ply” mesh, a waterproof film and light taffeta backing with a water-resistant coating. Developed and distributed by the sailcloth makers Dimension-Polyant, the company discovered that much of the technology they had developed for making specialized racing sails was also capable of producing a unique bag material. A good sail needs to be as light as possible, whilst strong enough to withstand the forces running through it. To retain its intended shape the fabric needs to be stable across all dimensions. It also needs to survive the elements by not absorbing water and being resistant to UV. With these properties, and with the fabric being relatively accessible, it’s no surprise that cottage industry bag makers jumped on board. In particular, the waterproofness and structure of the fabric was far greater than other lightweight materials used at the time, such as silnylon. The waterproof film provides waterproofness up to 200 PSI, which means packs are pretty much rainproof and don’t gain weight whilst hiking in the rain.
PROUDLY HAND-CRAFTED IN THE USA