Insidious Jr. Sling | X-Pac™
- FIT: Mac Air 13", iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini
- DIMENSIONS: 12.5" Wide x 9" Tall x 3.5" Tall
- TECH POCKET SECTION: 10.5" Wide x 8.5" Tall
- MATERIAL: X-Pac™ / VX21 BLACK DWR - 1500, 210 D Ripstop Nylon face, .25 mil polyester film, Black Polyester X-PLY at 22, 50 D polyester taffeta backing
- QUALITIES: X-Pac™ is lightweight, forever waterproof, UV resistant, and has good tear, puncture, and abrasion resistance. It's a perfect bag and backpack fabric.
- ZIPPERS: 2 Large, Double Headed easy to access YKK Water-Resistant VISLON® AquaGuard® Zippers
- STRAP: Closed-Cell Foam Padded Removable, Reversible for 'Righties' + 'Lefties' $30 imported 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckle capable of holding 1,000 lbs.
- 2 COMPARTMENTS: 2 dimensional pockets, pen holder, tech pocket
- D RING ON BACK: For attaching optional Cycling Stabilizer Strap
- WEIGHT: 1.75 lb
- LITERS: 6
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Hey, it’s me. I’m that nagging song infesting your idle mind. First, causing you to start humming. Then tapping along. Before you know it you’re singing at the top of your lungs til your neighbors pound the walls. I burrow inside you, invade your consciousness and, before long, become a part of you. I’m caffeine coursing through your system early in the morning, at noon, and after dinner. I’m that feeling you feel on vacation, never wanting it to end. Allow me to introduce myself...
I’m Insidious Jr.
I grip your back like a glove. I’m swung and slung in front of you when needed with the quickness. Grabbed by the handle and tossed in the passenger seat. Unbuckled like a stealthy Ninja. I love lefties and righties alike. I have more pockets than a denim store and rock my metal hardware whilst flying a finger to the incessant, overuse of cheap, flimsy, ‘Sure to break’ plastic.
Sure, the world may need to tidily lump me in a narrow category labeling me just a ‘Sling Bag.’ I don’t care. I know what I am. I’m more. Much more. I’m utility and rugged Made in USA Badassery construction. I’m tactical and minimal all at the same time. I’m proudly made by a rag tag team of misfits and miscreants in Chicago who are insanely obsessed with bags. But I digress.
I. Am. Insidious Jr.
I easily go from being the quintessential ‘Daddy Diaper’ bag to cycling or moto sidekick to festival bro. I’m perfect at 36,000 feet as a carry-on and can spelunk with the best of em. Buy me. Try me. I don’t think you’ll deny me. I’m with you. I’m here for you. I’ll become a part of you. I'm insidiously yours to do with me what you will.
WHAT IS X-PAC?
Not to be mistaken with the WWF wrestler, X-Pac is a composite fabric comprised of multiple layers laminated into a single sheet. The layers in the standard pack cloth consist of a nylon face fabric, a polyester “X-Ply” mesh, a waterproof film and light taffeta backing with a water-resistant coating. Developed and distributed by the sailcloth makers Dimension-Polyant, the company discovered that much of the technology they had developed for making specialized racing sails was also capable of producing a unique bag material. A good sail needs to be as light as possible, whilst strong enough to withstand the forces running through it. To retain its intended shape the fabric needs to be stable across all dimensions. It also needs to survive the elements by not absorbing water and being resistant to UV. With these properties, and with the fabric being relatively accessible, it’s no surprise that cottage industry bag makers jumped on board. In particular, the waterproofness and structure of the fabric was far greater than other lightweight materials used at the time, such as silnylon. The waterproof film provides waterproofness up to 200 PSI, which means packs are pretty much rainproof and don’t gain weight whilst hiking in the rain.
$30 imported 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckle
Optional Stabilizer Strap Add-On