Insidious Sling | Ballistic Nylon + Horween Cavalier Whiskey Leather
- FIT: 13" Mac Air, iPad, Camera, and other tech fitting below dimensions.
- PADDED TECH POCKET SECTION: (Closest to Body): Pocket Height 8" x 16" Wide
- DIMENSIONS: 16" wide x 9" tall x 5" deep
- MATERIAL: Water-Resistant 1,050 Denier MIL-SPEC Ballistic Nylon exterior & Horween Cavalier Whiskey Leather. 500 Denier CORDURA® Silver Lining interior.
- ZIPPERS: 3 Easy to access YKK Water-Resistant VISLON® AquaGuard® Zippers
- STRAP: (Part of our new 'Tether System') Closed-Cell Foam Padded Removable, Reversible for 'Righties' + 'Lefties' $30 imported 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckle capable of holding 1,000 lbs.
- 3 COMPARTMENTS: Pockets, pen / tool holders, dimensional pockets, MIL-SPEC Rifle Gun Clip for keys.
- D RING ON BACK: For attaching optional Stabilizer Strap.
- WEIGHT: 2.5 lb
- LITRES: 10.5
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Hey, it’s me. I’m that nagging song infesting your idle mind. First, causing you to start humming. Then tapping along. Before you know it you’re singing at the top of your lungs til your neighbors pound the walls. I burrow inside you, invade your consciousness and, before long, become a part of you. I’m caffeine coursing through your system early in the morning, at noon, and after dinner. I’m that feeling you feel on vacation, never wanting it to end. Allow me to introduce myself...
I grip your back like a glove. I’m swung and slung in front of you when needed with the quickness. Grabbed by the handle and tossed in the passenger seat. Unbuckled like a stealthy Ninja. I love lefties and righties alike. I have more pockets than a denim store and rock my metal hardware whilst flying a finger to the incessant, overuse of cheap, flimsy, ‘Sure to break’ plastic.
Sure, the world may need to tidily lump me in a narrow category labeling me just a ‘Sling Bag.’ I don’t care. I know what I am. I’m more. Much more. I’m utility and rugged Made in USA Badassery construction. I’m tactical and minimal all at the same time. I’m proudly made by a rag tag team of misfits and miscreants in Chicago who are insanely obsessed with bags. But I digress.
I. Am. Insidious.
I easily go from being the quintessential ‘Daddy Diaper’ bag to cycling or moto sidekick to festival bro. I’m perfect at 36,000 feet as a carry-on and can spelunk with the best of em. Buy me. Try me. I don’t think you’ll deny me. I’m with you. I’m here for you. I’ll become a part of you. I'm insidiously yours to do with me what you will.
What is Ballistic Nylon?
What we know today as Ballistic Nylon is a multifilament high tenacity, 2X2 basket weave nylon fabric, usually made with 1050D or 840D yarns. The name Ballistic goes back to the Vietnam war era when it was used for anti-fragmentation ballistic jackets for the military. Multiple layers of the thick fabric were laminated together to help stop exploding shrapnel and fragmentation. By the late ’70s the military upgraded their armor to lightweight Kevlar® and ceramic plate technology that could stop actual bullets. Then in the ’80s Ballistic Nylon had found its way into the consumer market. At a time when heavy-duty, strong luggage was the flavour of the day, the term ballistic struck a chord with customers and the name stuck. The slick finish, heavy weave and excellent strength still make it a popular choice today, although as a single layer fabric it’s lost most of its actual ballistic credentials. [ reference: carryology ]
$30 imported 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckle
Optional Stabilizer Strap Add-On
Water-Resistant 1,050 Denier MIL-SPEC Ballistic Nylon