Recon | Horween Oxblood Chromexel® Leather | Ultimate Bundle
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Recon Horween OxBlood Leather Messenger, with Matching OxBlood Leather Schlep Shoulder Pad and Mr. Gripper for the handle
- FIT: 13" MacBook Pro & similar sized computers
- DIMENSIONS: 17.5 wide x 11.5 tall x 4.5 deep
- COMPUTER SECTION: 14.5" wide x 10" tall
- MATERIAL: Horween OxBlood Leather
- TRIM: Horween OxBlood Leather
- CLOSURE: x2 High Strength AustriAlpin™ quick release 2" COBRA® buckles
- HANDLE: 2" MIL-SPEC Webbing
- STRAP: Detachable / Adjustable 2" MIL-SPEC Webbing with Horween Oxblood Leather accents & Matte Black Swivel Clips
- EXTRA: Pen and Business Card Holder
- INTERIOR: Computer section, pockets, D ring for keys and new stash pockets on inside front
- WEIGHT: 3.35 lb
- VOLUME: 11 Liters
Search the field. Survey the terrain. Or hell, just take it to the corner coffee shop. The Recon Horween OxBlood Leather Edition is a suitable tool for any mission. We're colliding the most amazing Horween Leather with 2" imported solid Steel and Brass AustriAlpin™ COBRA® quick release buckles used by U.S. Special Forces. The deep, rich beauty of this Horween Veg-Tanned Leather is a sight best seen in person. It turns heads and only gets better looking with well earned patina and age. Horween 'Veg-Tans' their leather by creating a liquor produced from tree bark extracts. The tree barks used are: Chestnut, Quebracho and Wattle bark extracts. The extracts come into the tannery in large bales, and Horween then blends these extracts together and cooks them into the liquor used to tan the respective line of leather.
Solid steel swivel clips and hardware fly the finger to the incessant over use of flimsy plastic found on most bags. Take a look inside and you’ll see ample room and pockets with a designated section for a 13” MacBook Pro. Look under the flap and you see a uniquely simple double pocket solution that uses a smart organization system for pens, business cards and top secret organizational opportunities. Thanks to great customer feedback, we added a large rear pocket for quick storage. For this model we also reduced the height of the Recon 20% and increased the depth 20%. We also added a secret double stash pocket on the interior as well as a D ring for your keys. Stop looking...Recon’s here.
About the leather: The Horween leather is tanned with vegetable tannins—derived from tree leaves, bark, and other plant material—to allow it to patina well and to be easily shaped. It is full grain, which means it has not been sanded, buffed, or corrected in any way to remove or cover up imperfections. The leather is hand-rubbed with several coats of aniline dye and hand-glazed to give it its burnished appearance. The naturally occurring hides come from animals that were used for meat. Each bag is measured and cut by hand and triple-stitched with industrial-strength, extra thick thread at each joint point for added strength by Chicago crafts people.
PROUDLY HAND-CRAFTED IN THE USA