Recon Mashup 2.0 | 'Fire Edition' Rogue Camo x Blaze Orange ECOPAK™ | Ships 4-5 Weeks
- FIT: 13" MacBook Pro. (can fit larger 15" in main section of bag with a computer sleeve)
- DIMENSIONS: 20.5" at the top tapering to 14.5" wide x 11" tall x 7" deep
- COMPUTER SECTION: 14" wide x 10" tall
- MATERIAL: Rogue Camo CORDURA®
- INTERIOR MATERIAL: Made in USA X-Pac™ ECOPAK™ EPX Bright Orange 200 Denier Waterproof 100% recycled polyester components, 45° Blue CrossPly for added strength, 70 Denier ripstop backing
- TRIM: 1" MIL-SPEC Polyester Webbing
- CLOSURE: x2 High Strength COBRA® Quick Release 2" AustriAlpin™ buckles
- HANDLE: 2" MIL-SPEC auto seat belt webbing (optional leather handle available)
- STRAP: Detachable & Reversible padded MIL-SPEC Strap with 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Buckle. Strap can easily be switched for use by 'Lefties' or 'Righties
- UNDER FLAP / FRONT STORAGE: Fully reconfigured w/1 Large YKK AquaGuard® Zippered pocket and 1 large open pocket + MIL-SPEC MOLLE Webbing.
- FLAP: Oversized Water-Resistant YKK AquaGuard® Double Headed Zippered pocket.
- INTERIOR: Closed cell foam designated computer section that is padded on both sides with ample pockets and storage
- REAR OF BAG: D rings for Stabilizer Strap (sold separately), and oversized storage pocket
- ADJUSTABLE SIDE POCKETS: Fit bottles up to 12" in Diameter
- MILITARY GUN CLIP KEY HOOK: Inside front zippered pocket
- WEIGHT: 3 lb
- VOLUME: 15 Liters
- Recon Press: Carryology.com
We couldn't leave well enough alone! After throwing nearly everything but the kitchen sink at the original Recon Mashup like $90 in imported Special Forces MIL-SPEC AustriAlpin Cobra Quick-Release Buckles, to Water-Resistant YKK AquaGuard Zippers to Water-Resistant MIL-SPEC Ballistic Materials, we decided to go further. DEFY STANDING STILL!
Welcome to the Mashup 2.0. We integrated a number of DEFY Community suggestions and collided them with our design teams and are beyond stoked with the end result! While we kept the best bits, we iteratively improved and tweaked the bag in various other areas: The flap, under the flap on the front of the bag, the sides, and the inside.
Thanks to our design team for pushing through endless prototypes and infusing your joy of all things carry into this new beast of a bag! While we know this bag is decidedly not 'cheap' we can assure you that the spend on our end in finding the best materials on earth, as well as the time it takes to construct such a bag means you're getting what you paid for!
One thing that hasn't changed? We still load the Recon Mashup with nearly $90 in imported AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckles. If you're not familiar with COBRA® Buckles, they're arguably the best and strongest buckles on the planet. Each buckle is extreme overkill to even be on a bag (hellz yeah!) and are capable of holding over 1,000 lbs. COBRA® are the same buckles used by Special Forces all around the world. The Mashup has 3 of them for your Over-Engineered carrying pleasure!
About the Strap:
Search the field. Survey the terrain. Or hell, just take it to the corner coffee shop. The Recon Mashup Edition is a suitable tool for any mission. This new collision of the Recon and Vicious bags sports the Vicious' best designed closed-cell foam padded strap. But we made some improvements to it. Many customers told us they were 'righties'. Many told us they were 'lefties'. In the past the Vicious only served one. Our team set out to design a removable padded strap that can be used by both. This uber comfortable, adjustable padded strap has a 2" Matte Black D Ring that (for the first time at DEFY) helps you quickly and precisely adjust your strap length, then get on with your mission. It's also great for hanging water bottles from. Each strap has ample MIL-SPEC MOLLE webbing that's perfect for hanging your gear from. With the Mashup 2.0 Strap we made a slight tweak that most will never see, but all will appreciate. The strap adjustment system cleverly keeps excess slack from flailing about.
If you're looking to carry the Mashup by the top handle on a regular basis, we'd recommend you try the Mr. Gripper Leather Handle. You can also completely take off the shoulder strap and store it inside the bag if you carry it by the top handle regularly.
About the Storage:
The interior of the bag has a fully padded, back and front, closed-cell foam computer section that perfectly fits a 13" MacBook. There are two easy to access pockets and an interior gun hook for key storage.
This just might be our favorite bag we've ever created. The combined learning from our Vicious Messenger with our Best-Selling Recon represents the best of DEFY and has been a massive undertaking for our design team. The Mashup 2.0 has taken things to the next level and is perfect for bike & motorcycle riding, carrying on hikes and much more. Mashup's got your back!
PROUDLY HAND-CRAFTED IN THE USA