The Parker Pack 2.0 | Ballistic Nylon | Ships in 2-3 Weeks
- FIT: Ideal for: Cameras (crop body DSLR + rangefinder fit), everyday carry, festivals, Nintendo Switch, travel, hiking, cycling, parenting, carrying small weapons during zombie apocalypse, marble collections, and other things nobody needs to know about. (It's your business what you put in your Parker Pack!)
- DIMENSIONS: 8" wide x 6" tall x 4" deep
- FRONT POCKET DIMENSIONS: 8" wide x 2 1/4" deep
- MATERIAL: Water-Resistant 1,050 Denier MIL-SPEC Ballistic Nylon
- INSIDE: Easy to see inside Silver 500 Denier CORDURA® with 1 separate main body pocket
- ADJUSTABLE WAIST STRAP: Comfortable MIL-SPEC Webbing 33" to 55"
- ZIPPERS: 2 Easy to access Water-Repellent YKK VISLON® AquaGuard® Zippers
- CLOSURE: $30 imported 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckle capable of holding 1,000 lbs.
- EXTRA: D Ring for water bottles & carabiners
- WEIGHT: 1 lb
- LITERS: 3
Let's face it, there are just certain places we all find ourselves in where we wish we had a few extra things in tow, but not so much we'd need to lug a full bag or backpack around. Places like: Hiking, concerts, festivals and traveling to name a few. It would be safe to say we've received well over a hundred emails over the years requesting that DEFY come out with such a bag. Not a messenger. Not a backpack. But a unique pack you can take anywhere. A bag that's small. Nimble. Zippered. One where you could simply fasten it around your waist and go. People said they wanted the bag to be tough and rugged...not your average 'Fanny Pack'. Well, thanks to our School of the Art Institute Chicago intern Xinda 'Parker' Wang bringing this rad design to our design team, we're full up in production on The Parker Hip Pack.
The Parker Pack utilizes the toughest MIL-SPEC Ballistic Nylon we could find; the same stuff used to make bullet proof vests. It's water-resistance gives the Parker Pack protection from the elements (and added protection from looking like you're carrying your Uncle Steve's silly Fanny Pack he got at the airport travel shop). The Parker also has adjustable MIL-SPEC webbing and an imported $30, 2" AustriAlpin™ COBRA® Quick-Release Buckle that holds over a thousand pounds for good measure.
Simply pull on the oversized matte black steel D ring, adjust, and one size fits all. This pack is extremely versatile as you can wear it around your waist, over your shoulder or cross body style in front or back. It's two easy to access YKK Water-Repellent VISLON® AquaGuard® Zippered compartments give you enough carrying space to make you feel like you're carrying a bag that's larger, without all the bulk and effort.
What is Ballistic Nylon?
What we know today as Ballistic Nylon is a multifilament high tenacity, 2X2 basket weave nylon fabric, usually made with 1050D or 840D yarns. The name Ballistic goes back to the Vietnam war era when it was used for anti-fragmentation ballistic jackets for the military. Multiple layers of the thick fabric were laminated together to help stop exploding shrapnel and fragmentation. By the late ’70s the military upgraded their armor to lightweight Kevlar® and ceramic plate technology that could stop actual bullets. Then in the ’80s Ballistic Nylon had found its way into the consumer market. At a time when heavy-duty, strong luggage was the flavour of the day, the term ballistic struck a chord with customers and the name stuck. The slick finish, heavy weave and excellent strength still make it a popular choice today, although as a single layer fabric it’s lost most of its actual ballistic credentials. [ reference: carryology ]
PROUDLY HAND-CRAFTED IN THE USA